Wednesday, March 26

Easter Bunny Pics March 26



Hey Everyone!


Well, as promised, I was able to get the pictures of the kids sitting on the Easter Bunny's lap. Let me tell you, Miss Serayah will not stop going on about seeing the Easter Bunny, finding Easter Eggs, or the like. It doesn't matter where we are, she tells literally EVERYONE that she saw the Easter Bunny, she hunted eggs, the whole rundown. She keeps wanting to go back to Costco to see the Easter Bunny again. We've been trying to explain that he's back in his hole (nest?) with his little bunny family, but she doesn't really care about that. She can't understand why he doesn't want to come back to visit her.... but of course, who wouldn't?


Oh, a funny thing happened last night when we were out in the car. Cam LOVES a song called "Moon, moon, moon", by Laurie Berkner. I've got to sing it to him at least 20 times a day. As soon as I stop, I hear an enraged little voice yelling "MOO, MOO, MAMA!!"... and that keeps up until I start it all over again. Sigh. Anyhoo, I had sung it for him 5 or 6 times in a row, and then Serayah requested "Twinkle, Twinkle", so I started in on that (Whitney, Mariah Carey, eat your hearts out). Right away, the enraged "MOO, MOO, MAMA" pipes up from the back seat. All of a sudden, we hear Serayah say "NO, NO Camden! Mama's singing Twinkle Twinkle so be quiet and listen, or Time Out!". Okey Dokey... Let the power struggles begin.


On a much different note, I took Serayah in to see the optometrist today, because she always squints with her right eye closed in the sun. Also, my old optometrist in Roseburg, Bonnie Gauer (who is EXCELLENT, by the way), had seen pictures of Serayah and thought that she was really favoring her left eye (how on earth she could tell that from pictures is beyond me, but that is what contributes to part of her excellence, I guess). We honestly didn't think her eyes were bad, because she can see things really far away, and close up like a champ. Well, we were wrong. Unfortunately, my bad-eye genes got passed on to her, and her right eye is REALLY bad, and her left eye isn't so hot either. The good news is that we caught it early, and her eyes haven't started crossing, and with her being only 3, she should be able to adapt to her glasses really easily, and her right eye might be able to strengthen itself with correction alone, not patching. We'll find that out in 6 months. Anyway, we found some really adorable little pinkish/purple Disney Princess frames, and we'll pick them up next week. At this point, she's really excited about getting to wear glasses everyday like her mommy... hopefully that enthusiasm will continue. I'll keep you updated.


Well, I'd better be heading off to bed. I hope you all enjoy seeing the pictures, & I'd love to hear from any of you who read this (so I know I'm not writing to fill up cyberspace alone!)


Love to all,

S.


2 comments:

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

So sweet! Mo misses your singing! Love the Easter pics!

mamaparlette said...

I love the photos too. Serayah has the best pigtails! I need to be better about leaving comments. Sorry. Hope to talk to you soon. I'm going to set up my blog to email you whenever I update it! (how fun/annoying!)