Sunday, November 30

Why its cool to live in Utah

Well, as most of you know, we really like Christmas. We've been listening to Christmas music for the past few weeks (there are 3... count them 3 radio stations playing Holiday music 24/7, and have been since a week or so after Halloween). We drive around looking at Christmas lights pretty often.

Last year, we were driving around and stumbled upon this truly amazing house in a gated community. The light display was absolutely stunning, and everything was set to music on an FM station broadcast from the home. The very best part was that they had a donation box, and all proceeds went to the Make a Wish foundation. They made over $10,000. I know I tried to tell some of you about it, but really, words can't do it justice.

Well, we were pretty darn bummed that when we drove by the other afternoon, no display was set up, and the gated community was locked.

I did a web search for Christmas lights in Utah, and lo and behold, there was the house! Apparently a little over 1/2 of the neighbors didn't want the traffic, so aren't able to continue the display... so they moved it to the owner's parents house.... and upped the amount of lights from 45,000 to 150,000. Wow. It'll start going tomorrow night, and you can bet we'll be there.

If you don't live around here (or don't want to drive 900+ miles to visit), I am putting in a link to the video page of the Holdman Christmas website. Carol of the Bells is our favorite. If you're interested you can read more about what they do and the surprisingly low cost of their electric bills.

www.holdman.com/christmas/video.asp

These videos are from last year's display, and I can't wait to see what they've got on tap for 2008!

What a great way to get into the Holiday Spirit... Enjoy!

3 comments:

mamaparlette said...

Okay, now that I've actually had a minute to go back and view this....I have to say that you're right. It's a beautiful set up. I forget how much more spectacular the lights can look against a blanket of snow. sigh.

Shalynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shalynne said...

Oh my...How breath taking!! Enjoy seeing it this year!!! Love ya!

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!! God bless you all!!! Shay