Tuesday, February 10

We had a bad day.




Well, yesterday our good friend MaryAnne had a surprise 30th birthday party. The kids and I went (& I know she was really surprised), ate cake, then left. We walked out to the parking lot, and I opened Cam's door and was buckling him in. Serayah ran (after I had just gotten done talking about not running) to the other side, and I suddenly heard a thud... followed by screaming. Crap. I ran over, and Serayah was laying face down on the asphalt, screaming. She'd slipped on some ice and done a header onto the parking lot. Her princess glasses (which, as you may recall, we had just gotten replacement frames for last week after she'd done a header off the arm of the couch) were shattered, and she had blood in her hair, but I was able to get her calmed down and in her car seat.
I drove back home, and we rushed inside to better assess the damage. After giving some Tylenol and using the pretty princess boo-boo freezer pad, she was curled up in my lap on the couch, and things seemed to be going OK. My dad, who's here from Oregon, went upstairs to get the kids jammies, and Cam went up after him. All of a sudden, I hear a Thud... Thunk.... Thud.... I (unfortunately) had heard that one before, and jumped up... chucked Serayah on the couch and ran to the stairs. Crap. Cam had taken a header down them. Not good.
Fortunately, Cam is made of rubber, and after some Tylenol for him and some cuddling, he was right as rain in about 5 minutes. My heart returned back to normal about an hour later, and I was afraid to let the kids do anything else for the rest of the night. Sigh.
Well, we were pleasantly surprised this morning to see that Serayah didn't look like she'd gone 8 rounds with the champ, and that CPS wouldn't be called in for child abuse if a neighbor saw her. We really thought she'd end up with a shiner of astronomical proportions, but it doesn't look too bad. The picture actually looks better than it is, 'cause you can't tell how swollen it is when she's posed like that.
Cam wanted in on the photo op, so he returned to the scene of the crime, and posed for me on the stairs.
The other shot is a random one from Serayah the other day...

2 comments:

mamaparlette said...

WOW, that IS a bad day. I'm so sorry for the kids' heads. I can't believe how big Cam is getting! sniffle sniffle.

Deedles said...

That is a bad day! It all seems to happen on the same day!