So the other night, I took a bath. When I take a bath, I lock our bedroom door to ensure that my bath doesn't turn into a big 'ol party. I was happily reading a mindless fluff book, and was tuning out the background noise.
In case you were wondering, this is background noise sounds like ~ Banging on the door w/ little voices calling out "Mom? Are you in there? Why are you in there by yourself? What are you doing? Are you taking a bath? Huh Mom? Are you taking a bath? I wanna take a bath? How come you're in the bathtub? Why can't I be in the bath? I'm taking of my clothes! I'm naked!...." You get the picture.
Anyway, my bath the other night was pretty mellow... not much door knocking or little voices. I got out of the tub and got my jammies on, when all of a sudden I heard the door open, and little feet came running in... Huh.
"Hey... did Daddy open the door?" I asked Serayah.
"Nope... it was open"
Cam was just grinning... not good.
I check out Cam, and he's got one of Serayah's hair clips in his hand.
"Hey Cam... what's up with the hairclip?"
I get another grin. Then he turns around, and goes to the outside of the door, sticks in the clip, and proceeds to lock the door from the outside. Then grins again.
Given, these locks aren't hard to turn... they've got a "key hole", which you can put a fingernail into and turn to unlock the door... but, cripes! He's only 2! I'm not ready for this yet! I want to take baths all by myself sometimes! Is this too much to ask????
Well, Serayah and I went back downstairs. Art asked where Cam was, and I told him that he was upstairs, practicing popping locks (which he was).
Yeesh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
:) too funny! I could always refer you to a good burglar alarm company - motion detectors might be up your alley!
Oh. My. Gosh.
Sorry so late...the website is pinchingyourpennies.com
Hahaha! Summer that is so funny! I remember you telling this story but it still just blows my mind! What a Smartie!
Post a Comment