Well, if you're on Facebook, you've heard about Art's awful commute home last night. My friends in Utah probably won't get why a little snow would get us down, but we get wet snow that turns to ice. Lots and lots of ice. It's about 12 or 13 miles from Art's work to our house... he's usually home in 20 minutes. He left work at 4:15, and at 5:30 he gave up for a bit (and tired of slipping/sliding/pushing to get started from a stop on a sheet of ice) and pulled off to a restaurant 3.52 miles from work (I looked it up). Yep... that's over an hour. He finally got home a little after 8, and had passed 21 cars either in ditches or off the side of the road incapacitated. He would have stopped to help, but honestly, he didn't think he had a chance in heck to get back on the road after getting off of it. Ugh.
Anyway, the kids and I thought it would be a good idea to make some brownies for him to come home to... I snapped a couple of pics of the majority of their "help". Well, they each took a turn sifting and stirring too... but this is where their talent lies. Bowls really get cleaned around here!
Also, I'm posting a random one of them curled up watching Tom and Jerry (Serayah's favorite). I love how they love cuddling!
One of my New Year's resolutions is to try and get back on the blog and update more than once a season! Hope all is well...
~S.




3 comments:
We are watching T & J right now and I'm thinking we may need to make brownies too. Mmmmm. That looks like a delicious idea! You're such a fabulous mom.
Don't know about that, but it sure was fun!
I bet those were the best brownies Art ever had!!! WE MISS YOU!!!
Post a Comment