
Hi all...
So we found out something pretty interesting yesterday. Any of you who know me very well, (and have had the pleasure of playing games with me), know that I don't really like losing. I would like to think that I've mellowed in my old age, but my innate competitiveness is there... seething just below the surface... ready to erupt at any losing run of Monopoly.
This in itself wouldn't necessarily doom our kiddos... After all, it takes 2 sets of DNA.
Well, any of you who know Artimus very well knows that he's really not much better than me. I recall a game of Trivial Pursuit many years ago when the J. in Elmer J. Fudd (who in the world wouldn't give you credit for just saying Elmer Fudd???) became a HUGE bone of contention in an otherwise civil guys/girls Trivial Pursuit game. Of course, the girls slaughtered the guys in that one anyway...but I digress.
Serayah and I had just broken out the game of Hi-Ho Cherry-O... a basic spin and count pre-school game. Serayah had gotten it figured out; it was our first time playing. Well, for those of you who aren't up on the under 5 age-set games, if you spin and hit certain things, you have to put your cherries back in your tree from your bucket (the point of the game being to completely "pick" your tree of cherries). Well, anytime I spun a "bad" spin, a little voice would gleefully say "uh oh", and this evil, maniacal giggle would start coming at me from my left. I looked around, and the only thing I saw was our dear, sweet Serayah... it couldn't possibly be coming from her...could it? Then I noticed that her finger would "accidentally" move the pointer to the prime spot on the spinner during her turn.... "Sorry, Mom... it was an accident!" (followed my the spooky giggle) Uh-huh. Hmmm.... we might be in for some serious problems when she gets old enough for monopoly... Stay tuned.
Oh, and in case you were wondering why on earth there's a picture of shoes up here, it's for Sheila. One of her boys got a pair of very stylin' black converse high-tops w/ flames, and Serayah LOVES her black and pink converse low-tops, so I thought I'd share.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Love,
~S.

5 comments:
ELMER J. FUDD!!! Just thinking about it gets me all riled up again! Of course, I agree that they were simply trying to drag out their misery!
~Christine J. Smith (wouldn't want to forget my "J"!!!)
Oh my! I'm so NON competetive. Ella actually takes after me. We played our own game today. It's called Pretty Pretty Princess (kill me now) and Ella actually cheated to help MAYA win! Jeesh! I think she and Serayah would get along really well if they played together (as long as they weren't on the same team)!
LOVE the shoes. You're such a hip mommy.
ahhh so now i know how someone won all those games of monopoly years ago,, YOU CHEATED,,,
dang the kidos are getting big, looks like everyone had fun at the zoo, including grandpa
hope everyone is good
doug
well now i know how you won all those monopoly games so many years ago,, YOU CHEATED,,,
dang the kidos are getting big, time flies
looks like everyone had fun at the zoo including grandpa
hope everyone is doing good
doug
It's been a week since your last update! I'm going through withdrawl. (And my computer is down, I'm on Marc's right now or else mine would be updated!)
Post a Comment