Thursday, April 24

Sleeping Beauties



Hey everyone~


Apparently, I've been lax in updating the blog... once again. Basically, our lives are pretty boring, so that's why I haven't been writing anything.
Serayah went and played over at her friend Ellie's house and had a terrific time (that would be Miss Ellie in the picture). They're both in dance and tumbling classes together and she'll be joining Serayah's preschool in the summer, so Serayah's REALLY excited.
I'm guessing that Serayah's going to end up with my slightly warped sense of humor... The other day we were watching America's Funniest Home Videos and there was a hanglider segment. Of course, the hangliders were crashing into various things...mainly trees, so as they'd crash, I'd say "Tree" or "Bush"... whatever was applicable. Well, I'd only done it a few times and quit, and the next video was of a hanglider at the beach. Right after it crashed, I heard this little voice coming out of Serayah (who was still calmly watching TV, and who never looked away from the screen) deadpan "Sand". Uh Oh... stay tuned.
Let's see... Cam thinks that belly-buttons are hysterical. He loves to come and yank up your shirt and poke at you (like I really look like the Pillsbury dough-girl... wait a second... hmmm...) and bust out giggling. Anyway, this new found fascination isn't so good when the neighbors come over to watch a basketball game and their shirts aren't tucked in. I'll just leave it at that.
Speaking of Cam, he and Art took a nap today. When Art and I first got married, he totally weirded me out because he would sleep with his eyes open. If you haven't woken up next to someone doing this, let me tell you, it's not pretty... and kinda freaky. I'm not sure if I bugged him enough about it or what, but he doesn't really do it anymore unless he's really tired. Serayah manages to sleep with her eyes closed, and so do I. I thought it was just Art who had this weird quirk. As you can see from the picture, Cam's inherited Art's open-eye sleeping ability. Yes... he is sleeping in this picture, and the flash didn't even phase him. Go figure.
Well, we're off to Las Vegas in the morning (or, this morning I guess) to visit Art's brothers who will both be there. Serayah's very excited to play with her cousins and ride on a roller coaster again. She also desperately wants to go into the Excaliber hotel/casino. For any of you who don't know, it's all decked out like a huge medieval castle, complete with towers and flags. Last time we were there, she saw it out of the car window and said "Look!!!! It's my castle!" Hmm.. "It's your castle?" I said. Pause. "Yes, mama. I'm going to live there when I get bigger." Lets all hope not.
Anyway, I'm sure the next entry will have pictures of the kids and they're cousins (probably not a castle though).
Hope everyone is well!
Love, Summer

2 comments:

mamaparlette said...

HAHAHA. HER castle, huh?! That is too cute. I hope you have fun in LV. Thank you for finall updating us! We miss you!

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

Have fun & be safe in LV! Take photos of Princess Serayah at her castle!
Jase sleeps with his eyes open too! It creeps me out!