Wednesday, December 24

Christmas Eve

Well, as is our tradition, we opened our gifts from family and friends tonight after we went out for some Chinese food (don't knock tradition!) and looked at Christmas lights.

After eating, we were setting out on our Christmas light adventure, and lo and behold, a low-flying red light glowed in the sky and flew right over us, and away! We pointed this out to Serayah, who was thrilled to have the chance to see Rudolf in person. We kept our eyes and ears open, but I guess Santa had made an early stop, because there were no more Reindeer or Sleigh sightings over Northern Utah.

After we got home, we opened our gifts, and Serayah and Cam both got new jammies, among other things. Their favorite things seemed to be a new WALL•E table and chairs, as well as a plastic food and pot/pan set. Who knew? Cam especially was thrilled with the play food, and proceeded to gather up all the food and plunk it down on the table and have at it. We had to tear him away to get him to finish opening up his gifts! Here are a couple of pictures of the kids in their new PJ's playing.







Now, I've explained to Serayah that Santa only comes when you're sleeping (because children's dreams are the key to his magic), so she knew that she would have to go to sleep for the big-guy to make his appearance. After everything was opened, she looked at us and asked about bed time. I reminded her that she'd have to go to sleep for Santa to come, so she took one look at me and proceeded to book up the stairs. We had to call her back to get kisses and hugs! (If only Santa came every night, and bedtime could be this easy). I read a couple of books to her and turned out her light and a little voice called out "Mommy... am I dreaming yet?" The excitement did keep her up for a bit, but it didn't take long before she drifted off.


Well, I'd better go, so I can get to my dreams too... Maybe Santa will leave something for me as well.


Merry Christmas to all... and to all a good night.

No comments: