Friday, December 12

Out of the mouth of babes....

Well, as we all know, there are differences between boys and girls. This has a tendency to lead to gender stereotyping. Girls like flowers, dolls and princesses. Boys like bugs, slime and farts (we call them "toots" at our house). I thought we'd avoided all of this around here... sure, Serayah loves all the girly things, but bugs and slime work with her too. Cam loves make-up and tutus, as well as trains and other many pursuits. Well, both of them came up with new phrases the other day.

Serayah's new word:
Serayah saw a Santa/Christmas light display and said "Look!!! It's Cute-iful". This is one of her new favorite words... Personally, I have to admit... it's a pretty good word... and very ladylike.

Cam's new phrase:
The other day, Cam let out a huge burp. He looked and us... started cracking up, and said "I toot in my mowf!". He thought it was hysterical, and now "mouth toots" happen on a regular basis. Sigh.

2 comments:

mamaparlette said...

Okay, somehow I missed this post earlier. I am going to share 'cute-iful' with Maya and Ella if you don't mind. I too find it adorable. "Toot in my mowf", though cute-iful as it may be, I will leave all to you!!! :)

Now if only I can convince Ben and Jerry to adopt Maya's new flavor "granilla", we'll be all set. If you ask me, it's right up their alley. Half granola, half vanilla...

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

Cute-iful is a great word! I'll have to steal that one! Jase thinks that tooting in his mowf is pretty hysterical!

Oh Michelle! That sounds like a yummy flavor!