Hi. Well, you've might have noticed that I haven't posted any blogs in a while... That would be because Cam got really sick last week, and I (in the words of Shiela's husband) can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Those of you who know me well know that walking upright without falling over nothing has been a challenge for me in the past. Nothing had really happened to me since the broken leg while pregnant fiasco, so I thought that maybe having kids had cured me of my klutziness. Well... not so much.
Last Friday night, Cam was feeling miserable, Serayah was sleeping, and I was going to take him into urgent care. I'd taken him to his doctor the previous day, but he'd gotten a lot worse. Anyway, Art brought him wailing down the stairs, with me following behind. I'd navigated the treacherous stairway without incident then stepped onto the floor where there was an innocent copy of the Backyardigans counting expedition. The dumb book isn't more than an inch and a half tall, but that was plenty for me to stumble on. To make a long story short, I'm an idiot, and rolled my ankle when I stepped on the book, and tore some ligaments in my foot. Yeah... brilliant, I know.
So instead of me quietly taking Cam to the doctor, we had to haul Serayah from out of bed (she never really woke up during the entire adventure) and all of us trucked it to Urgent Care. Art had to stay in the car with our sleeping beauty, so I got to take Cam with me to get examined. X-rays were particularly traumatic.. the really nice X-ray tech would take him with him out of the room while the X-ray was being done (with Cam protesting really loudly) then bring him back to me... I'd calm him down just to have the procedure repeated for the next film to be completed... It was a barrel of fun.
We found out that Cam had his first cold-sore which leads to complete misery in babies and toddlers (sores all over his tongue, gums, and throat), his 2-year molars all straining to break-on through, and a raging ear infection. I was put in a splint and given pain killers up the wazoo (the doctor was kind of prescription happy... yeah me!), given crutches and told not to walk for a week... uh huh.
Art's travelling to New Mexico on Sunday nights - Thursday nights for the next few weeks and we've got 2 kids under 4. Not walk... right... no problem. I ended up calling my dad (who has to be the best grandpa on the planet) and he caught a flight the next day to give me a hand while Art was away. Oh, and THANK YOU Southwest Airlines. They ROCK! He had a flight scheduled here for later in the month, and the nice lady I talked to got him on a next day flight (less than 12 hours from when I talked to her) and it only cost us $37.
Cam is feeling much better now, and I've graduated to a walking boot for the next couple of weeks. Art's home for the weekend, so life has been great (thus my ability to blog).




These pictures were taken last Friday prior to the battle of the book and I. We were all goofing off in the backyard. Serayah knows no fear when it comes to being tossed around, as you can see, and we all had a great time.
Hope every one is well...
Last Friday night, Cam was feeling miserable, Serayah was sleeping, and I was going to take him into urgent care. I'd taken him to his doctor the previous day, but he'd gotten a lot worse. Anyway, Art brought him wailing down the stairs, with me following behind. I'd navigated the treacherous stairway without incident then stepped onto the floor where there was an innocent copy of the Backyardigans counting expedition. The dumb book isn't more than an inch and a half tall, but that was plenty for me to stumble on. To make a long story short, I'm an idiot, and rolled my ankle when I stepped on the book, and tore some ligaments in my foot. Yeah... brilliant, I know.
So instead of me quietly taking Cam to the doctor, we had to haul Serayah from out of bed (she never really woke up during the entire adventure) and all of us trucked it to Urgent Care. Art had to stay in the car with our sleeping beauty, so I got to take Cam with me to get examined. X-rays were particularly traumatic.. the really nice X-ray tech would take him with him out of the room while the X-ray was being done (with Cam protesting really loudly) then bring him back to me... I'd calm him down just to have the procedure repeated for the next film to be completed... It was a barrel of fun.
We found out that Cam had his first cold-sore which leads to complete misery in babies and toddlers (sores all over his tongue, gums, and throat), his 2-year molars all straining to break-on through, and a raging ear infection. I was put in a splint and given pain killers up the wazoo (the doctor was kind of prescription happy... yeah me!), given crutches and told not to walk for a week... uh huh.
Art's travelling to New Mexico on Sunday nights - Thursday nights for the next few weeks and we've got 2 kids under 4. Not walk... right... no problem. I ended up calling my dad (who has to be the best grandpa on the planet) and he caught a flight the next day to give me a hand while Art was away. Oh, and THANK YOU Southwest Airlines. They ROCK! He had a flight scheduled here for later in the month, and the nice lady I talked to got him on a next day flight (less than 12 hours from when I talked to her) and it only cost us $37.
Cam is feeling much better now, and I've graduated to a walking boot for the next couple of weeks. Art's home for the weekend, so life has been great (thus my ability to blog).




These pictures were taken last Friday prior to the battle of the book and I. We were all goofing off in the backyard. Serayah knows no fear when it comes to being tossed around, as you can see, and we all had a great time.
Hope every one is well...

3 comments:
Very cute photos too...and you make falling sound almost fun. (ALMOST!) You write so well. Now here's a challenge for you. I want to see photos of Serayah in EVERY bathing suit she fits in right now. (So far I think I've seen 3? 4? I bet you have more, you overachiever!!!)
I think you've seen all of her swimsuits (and a couple are really too small, and won't be worn again). Thanks Grandpa!
I'm sorry, but that story gets funnier every time I hear it! You need to start wearing your heels around the house...cuz we know that you can walk in those!
That has got to be the BEST throwing photo ever! LOVE it!
Post a Comment