Monday, September 15

Update

OK.. so it's been brought to my attention that I haven't written a blog in FOREVER. (Of course the person who pointed this out has been known to go enitre months without a new post). I haven't posted because we went to the zoo, with my handy-dandy camera in tow, only to have my battery go dead, so I don't have any new pictures to share. And, for those of you who are wondering, No... Cam is not still wearing the same tutu-boot ensemble.

Since there were complaints, I'm blogging (albeit without pictures) so this is what you get. This was actually an e-mail I sent to a couple of friends, but y'all can read it too.

OK… I know my TV show recommendations are somewhat hit or miss, but Art and I are absolutely hooked on “Destination Truth”. It’s on Sci-Fi (not sure when.. we DVR). It is just about the funniest show on TV. The premise is this guy, Josh, and his “team” travel all over the world in search of Monsters. I know…. You’re thinking “Huh? Has all that crazy Mormon living gotten to her?”. Here are a few points about the show…

This guy is flippin’ hysterical. His random commentary and bone-dry humor cracks us up. He always tries some disgusting local food, and has a terrific habit of laying down pop-culture references. He should get a talk show or something.

So, remember dearly departed Steve Irwin? We always thought he had a screw loose, and that no real person is going to randomly dive toward dangerous creatures? Well, this guy makes Irwin look like some sissy Poindexter. They’re always filming in the middle of the night looking for Bigfoot in Borneo or something, and they’ll start to hear really weird noises. Dude says “Great… lets go!” and starts tearing out after whatever they heard.

#1. I’m not traipsing about after spooky noises in the rainforest, day or night.

#2. There are LOTS of snakes, spiders, tigers, etc. out there. Brilliant thinking. *We were really loving the “giant anaconda” show. They’re floating around the Amazon in a really small boat (their boats always have something wrong with them), and they see something big in the water. What do they do? Dive right in, of course! (duh). They have local snake wranglers with them, so I guess that makes it all right…. Okey dokey.

Obviously, they’re not really going to catch anything. They only appear to hang out wherever they’re at for 1 day (it takes longer than that to get there in most cases), and tearing through the woods after bigfoot isn’t probably gonna encourage said monsters known camera phobia. They do act kinda like “Ghost Hunters” in that they’re into finding scientific evidence, so that lends a shred of credibility. Actually, they found a Yeti footprint once, and it made real, actual scientific headlines. I remember reading about it a while ago, but didn’t really know (care) who found it.

If you guys get a chance, give it a try. We really think it’s worth an hour of your time... especially if you've got DVR.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Gee muh nee! Get a life and watch real tv. What's wrong with Wu Wu WUbbzy,Deigo,Thomas the Train etc.