
Well... apparently, Serayah has delusions of having superpowers. I'm not exactly sure what she was thinking, but she decided it would be a good idea to leap over a stack of pillows by jumping off the arm of the couch. I was not in the room at the time (bad mommy), but I heard the thud and subsequent wailing. Honestly, Serayah's pretty tough, so when she starts crying like that I knew something was horribly wrong. I ran into see what happened, and she was sobbing... holding her beloved Princess Glasses (which were broken clean in two at the bridge). I was afraid that she had gotten seriously hurt. Nope... although I know that rug-burn/thunk had to hurt, the real problem was the broken glasses. After I had assured her that I wasn't mad that her glasses were broken, and that we'd be able to replace them (thank you for the automatic 2 year warranties that come with kids glasses at our opthamologist's office), the tears stopped, and she wanted to try again. Obviously, I put a big 'ol kibosh on that (we'd just discussed jumping on the couch the night before), so she was bummed. Other than that, all was well with the world. She told me "I'm not gonna smile, 'cause I want grandpa to think I'm sad 'cause I broke my glasses". Okey dokey. Here's here non-smiling picture, which I took the next day.

2 comments:
Man that looks painful! I would still be crying, but then I am a big baby anyway. Tell her grandpa said she should still smile cause she has a great smile.
Love ya all
Aw! Kisses baby girl!
Post a Comment