Sunday, June 8

Carnival






Well, our little town is celebrating "Pioneer Days" (We're on the actual Pony Express trail), and so we had a carnival in one of our parks in another part of town. Serayah and Cam were really excited to go. Art had flown out to his brother Kelly's wedding in California, so he wasn't able to make it with us, so that was a bummer, but Grandpa's here, so the kids had a whole lot of fun anyway.

First we went to "Old McDonald's" (Serayah's name for it) and had pancakes for breakfast. We ended up at the carnival right when it first opened for the day. This ROCKED. There were no lines, and we were always able to walk right up to any ride we wanted. Serayah and I did the Ferris Wheel (very fun) "We're really high in the sky, Momma!", the Scrambler (I remember it being a whole lot more fun when I was 16... but Serayah had a ball), then Cam and Serayah hit all the rides that were for Camden's height. They had SO much fun. We went down the giant slide time after time (the carny had just hit it with Orange Pledge, so not only was it fast, we came off of it with a light, citrus scent... BONUS!).


They really liked the Boat ride, but Cam wasn't pleased with the way someone was looking behind him (We're hoping that road-rage won't be a problem for him in later life)

What a terrific morning!


1 comment:

Karen said...

I feel for your carnival experience! I went on the "Octopus" and nearly threw up! What we do for our kids!