Sunday, June 8

Graduation




Well... I know that children grow up, and this was inevitable, but the day came. Sniff... Yes, Serayah graduated from her 1st year of preschool!


Serayah insisted on wearing a "princess dress", so as you can see from the picture, she was a bit overdressed for the occasion, but she didn't care. It was a really cute little program, the kids from all classes (they were aged 3-6... Serayah was the youngest of all of them) all sang some songs, and were handed diplomas. During one of the songs, the kids were supposed to play air-guitar during the instrumental parts. Some of the boys were all over this. The girls... not so much. They basically stood and sang and didn't want any part of the theatrics. Well, there was one exception. There was this really cute little girl wearing glasses who was decked out in a blue pouffy dress who felt the need to lay down on her back for the air-guitar portion. Yep... you guessed it.


Later they broke out the huge water-slide. Once again our demure, shy little Serayah felt the need to compete with the boys. You'll notice her sliding down upside-down/head-first, then bouncing after jumping down from the top. "You think I can't do it 'cause I'm a girl??? Just watch this"... I think this may be Serayah's future motto. Lord help us if she ever gets an ATV.

1 comment:

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

Holy Hell! That upside down photo scared me! I can't imagine seeing that in person!