




Yesterday, we decided to venture out to see the Thanksgiving Point Gardens. It was a beautiful day, and I figured this would be a great place to go with kids... they could run around to their hearts content.
What I didn't know was that the gardens (which are only around 12 miles from our house) would be so beautiful! It is the home to the largest man-made waterfall in North America (the photo doesn't do it justice), and a bunch of themed gardens. The Italian Garden (the photo of Art and Serayah going up the steps) was breathtaking. The Monet Garden (hence the waterlilies), and The Secret Garden (right out of the book... if you've ever read it), were especially fantastic too.
The best part: the brochure says "Oh, by the way... feel free to walk on the grass".
What's even better, they have a separate set of gardens just for kids... there's a Noah's Ark replica (a great water feature designed for children to play in), Caves, different rock formations... and that's just what we read about. I'm sure I'll be posting that adventure when we go there. We ran out of time yesterday, but I'm sure we'll be heading there soon!

2 comments:
So jealous! That was my pick for the outing the day that we went to the museum, (I had read online that it was fabulous), but E & the kids wanted to do the museum instead. Love the photos...speaking of photos...I really need to send you a disk..I actually haven't finished going through our vacation photos because I have been busy w/ sessions...that's the hardest part about my job...my photos get put on hold. :(
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first photo. Serayah running, full-tilt, while looking back at Cam as if to say "COME ON! There's MORE stuff up here!!!!" I miss you. Sigh. The one good thing about you not posting every day is that it gives me time to keep going back and revisiting the photos I love the most. That's your plot though, isn't it?! You're just TRYing to make me completely miss you, huh? Well, you're too late. I already do. ~sniffle sniffle
Post a Comment